I love a good inspiring quote, especially one that empowers and provokes me to act. Here’s a list of 25 quotes that I consistently revisit to push me to get off my arse and take action:
- Your 20s are your selfish years. It’s a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time, and all aspects of you. Tinker with shit. Travel, explore. Love a lot, love a little and never touch the ground. – Kyoko Escamilla
- Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. – Ray Bradbury
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. - Albert Einstein
- Yesterday I was clever and tried to change the world. Today I am wise and try to change myself. – Rumi
- Of all sad words of mouth or pen, the saddest are these: it might have been. - John Greenleaf Whittier
- As men grow old enough to look back on their lives, any pain they have does not come from the things at which they failed, but the things they never tried – Antwan McLean.
- What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle and giving 110% all the time. – Don Zimmer
- Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen. - Michael Jordan
- Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality. - Earl Nighting
- Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried until they are seventy-five. - Benjamin Franklin.
- A desk is a dangerous place from which to view the world. – John Le Carre
- If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. - Bruce Lee
- There are only two mistakes one can make on the road to the truth; not going all the way, and not starting. - The Buddha
- This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Chuck Palahniuk
- Man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future, that he does not enjoy the present moment. As a result, he does not live in the present or the future, he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never truly lived. - The Dalai Lama
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. – Thomas Edison
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. – Seuss
- We think we understand the rules when we become adults, but what we really experience is a narrowing of the imagination. – David Lynch
- Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. – Carl Sandburg
- Genius is 1% talent and 99% effort. – Albert Einstein
- You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you. - James Lane Allen
- You can't connect the dots looking forward you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something: your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. Because believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart, even when it leads you off the well-worn path. – Steve Jobs
- A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. – Muhammad Ali
- So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun. – Chris McCandless
- Success is falling nine times and getting up ten. - Jon Bon Jovi
There we have it. I hope these helped you as much as they helped me. If you have any quotes that you think should be added to this list, feel free to add them below in the comments section.
All the best and keep smiling,
Daniel Beaumont, on behalf of Team Podstel, 1st February 2015.