I recently turned 24 and truly believe that asking myself tough questions has given me much needed clarity, while profoundly shaping my life. I’ve always been incredibly curious. At school I was that annoying kid that always had his hand waving frantically in the air, asking what many would regard as “dumb” questions.
I don’t like to generalise but I believe many people “fall into” predetermined roles that have been scripted by society without ever asking themselves tough questions that might, just might, help them find their purpose in life. So without further ado, here are 24 thought provoking questions that I ask myself every time I’m trying to regain focus in life.
- What is the difference between living and existing?
- What if money was no object, how would you spend your day?
- What does happiness mean to you?
- Why are you, you?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What value can you offer the world that no one else can?
- How do you act when no one else is looking?
- What is the purpose of your existence?
- When was the last time you tried something new?
- What do you have that you can’t live without?
- Why do you matter?
- What is the one vocation/cause/activity that could get you out of bed happily for the rest of your life?
- What’s your view on failure?
- What do you regret not doing?
- What are your top 5 personal values?
- What does success look like to you?
- Do you ever feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
- What’s your view on death?
- When was the last time you laughed?
- What makes you angry?
- If you could write a note to your younger self, what would it say?
- What do you want your life to look like in 5 years?
- If there were no chance of failing, what would you go and do?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
So there you go. 24 thought-provoking questions that will help you gain clarity in life. Get a notepad out and start jotting down ideas to these questions. Then put your answers into action. Change is natural and needed so remember to keep refining and revisiting your answers to each question.
While we trek across Europe, Team Podstel will be asking ourselves these questions as well as people we bump into along the way.
I hope these questions helped you as much as they helped me.
All the best and keep smiling,
Daniel Beaumont, on behalf of Team Podstel, Wednesday 28th January 2015.